
Wahoo! We found out last week that we are having a sweet little girl. I was afraid that Nathan wouldn't make it to the ultrasound because he had a surprise test scheduled at the same time as the appointment. Dad came with me for moral support (and to amuse me; he had NEVER been in a gynecologist's office before!) We delayed in the waiting room as long as we could (why don't you go ahead of us?) and Nathan finally got there. The nurse left us in the ultrasound room while she went to fetch the doctor. I offered to trade seats with my two body guards, who thought it was extremely funny that I had to sit in the weird chair. I complained that the angle of the chair put pressure on my bladder, so of course they started talking about lakes and flowing rivers until I had to run out and find a restroom.
The doctor came in and started the ultrasound. He measured everything, and would occasionally say things like "and here's the stomach" but it all looked like big blobs to me. (That's why doctors get paid so much.) At the end the doctor drew our attention to three little white parallel lines. "And that means you're having a--" and the word "GIRL" appeared on the screen. We rejoiced, and than I asked how sure the doctor was that it was a girl. You know, sometimes they think it's a girl just because they can't see evidence that it's a boy. The doctor said, "Let me put it this way: If it's a boy, I'll take him home." And then he told me that he's never been wrong when he makes that promise.
So, little Annalee is on her way. She weighs about 10 oz, the weight of a pop can. We didn't get a very clear picture of the complete baby in the ultrasound because she kept turning her back to us. I will try to post the ultrasound later.
6 comments:
Congrats! How fun. So, are you 20 weeks along now? When's your due date again? That's a beautiful picture of you, who took it?
And on a side note: (Oh, and my niece's name is Annalee, spelled the exact way too. My sister's name is Maralee, and her husbands name is Brian. They combined there names "alee" from Maralee, and "An" from Brain. Their other daughters name is Brailee.)
Congratulations! I didn't even know you were expecting and happened upon your blog through some others. I'm just so darn happy for you! I hope everything goes smoothly and the baby waits until Nathan's finals are over. :)
-Your old roommie, Koreena
Congratulations! A girl! (I've never had that said to me) I'm so happy for you guys!
p.s. If you get information on Koreena I'd love to get in touch with her again and see how they are doing. Let me know.
Snadi!! Congrats! I'm so excited for you and Nathan!! But... you stole one of our name ideas... kind of. I guess you were just getting even with me?
I'm so glad that you included your blog in your Christmas letter. We also have a blog at http://idahohaddox.blogspot.com/ with lots of pictures and videos.
The kids and I are going to be in the IF area for Christmas and possbly my birthday.I would love to see you if you have any free time.
Also, let me know if it's ok with you if I link to your blog on my own. There are a few people who check my blog who might be interested to know where you are and what you're up to.
I love the name Annalee. It is so cute.
Sandi,
Congratulations on a girl. You can have all the pink you want. I have two boys and so I'm not allowed that luxury!
Suzanne Ball
Post a Comment