April saw two birthday parties. The lighting of Steven's cake is getting a little more complicated.
But he's still got enough energy to blow them out.
I actually have no memory of this day. I was actually surprised to see myself in one of the pictures, since I don't remember anything that happened. Chalk one up to sleep deprevation.
Looks like Dad was having a good time. (That is his happy face.)Annalee's turned three later that month.
Vander was not so hard to convince.
And Grandma was up for anything as long as she got to hold the grandbabies.
A funny story: Instead of a physical gift, Nathan and I decided to get Annalee a month worth of preschool and a summer worth of gymnastics. To give her something to unwrap, I put a pair of tights and a backpack into a gift bag.
She pulled out the tights, holding them away from her as if they were some dead thing, and with the utmost disgust said, "Ughhhh!" We all burst out laughing in surprise. (I could laugh because it was my present. If she'd done that to someone else's gift I would have been mortified.) Then we tried to explain to her what the gift meant, but, oh well. She liked it well enough when she finally got to enjoy it.
Her Aunt Sarah got her a nifty pizza kit with a knife and pizza cutter made out of plastic so the kid can't cut herself (but it still cuts food). As a bonus, it doesn't scratch my pizza pan, unlike a realy pizza cutter! I got lots of pictures of her opening the present, but none of it actually open.
Mom was worried about what Annalee would think of her present. "As long as you didn't get clothes," I said. "What do you think shoes are?!" she cried.
But it turns out that sparkly princess shoes are a win. (Dang blurry pictures!)
2 comments:
Life is just AWESOME!!!! It has been a really good year.
Love the hats and the cake. Jossy's birthday is next week and I have NO CLUE what to get her. When asked, she tells us she wants a trampoline and a dog. Not going to happen!
Post a Comment