sigh.
That, stacked on top of several other things has made it very difficult to get out of bed in the morning. And now I think I'm coming down with something, just when it would be the very worst time. (I would rather have been sick over Christmas than in these next few weeks.) Plus we bounced two checks today, after not having done that for years. (I wasn't paying attention to my account and forgot to transfer some money.) All in all, I want to cry. But if I let myself cry, I won't be able to stop. (Thanks, pregnancy. Lately, if I start crying I keep going until there are no tears left and I have the migraine from Haides. No reason. Just hormones.) So I'm not going to cry. Instead, I'm going to focus on my blessings.
- a warm house where the kids have room to run around and our payments are lower than they were before we moved
- a garage where we can park both cars and not have to scrape windows
- a dishwasher that saves me lots of time and makes it so my toddler can help with the dishes
- my husband's job, which he loves, which makes me love it
- I don't have cancer. One of my Facebook friends does. She fights and fights and it keeps coming back. Suddenly my headcold seems silly.
- I am able to conceive and give birth to children
- this pregnancy has been so much easier than any of the others
- my in-laws are so good to us and they are moving to Nampa in the next few weeks!
- my parents are amazing, just amazing. They are such a support to me and my family.
- I have a great relationship with my siblings
- I'm not happy about paying the two NSF fees, but I can pay them and still buy food and everything I need
- my kids still want me to see everything they do and be involved in their lives. I know that will not always be the case.
- my husband loves me even when I look awful or act horrible. He sees the worst of me that no one else ever sees and thinks I'm amazing anyway.
And now I have to stop. I was just getting warmed up, but then I started crying for a different reason, and if I have a long cry right now I will get this head cold for sure.
-breath-
So, how 'bout them Broncos? (Sports. The perfect topic to kill all emotion and make my eyes glaze over.)
6 comments:
That's my girl!
Aaron is a lot more prone to hitting and occasionally biting- maybe its a boy thing? Unfortunatly he is yeaching Rachel to hit. Pregnancy is probably better because of you being healthier. I also was blessed that each pregancy got a litle easier. Which is good because each time had more kids to chase. Sometimes I mmiss the days of the first.
I shouldn't be chuckling, but I am. I'm so sorry that things are rough. If it makes you feel any better, I woke up in the wee hours of the morning realizing I forgot to pay a big bill...and there is no money to pay it. :) I love your list of things you are thankful for. Despite all of the difficult things we face, we really, truly are very much loved by our Heavenly Father and are super-duper blessed.
And hey, at least you're not missing church for the bazillionth time in a row...this time because of a UTI that makes you constantly feel like you need to pee. :)
What a great attitude on things!
Though, you almost lost me with your Broncos line...jk! :)
Thinking of you--HATE overdrawing--which has happened to me before too due to inattentiveness. :( boo. Hoping this week is much better!
I'm sure it's just a phase. I remember that for a while my oldest would tell me repeatedly that he WANTED to be bad, and was always hitting his brother and getting into trouble. I thought he was possessed or something and had no idea how to teach him. He got over it quickly and now he is the most obedience-conscious kid I know (most of the time).
Good idea thinking of blessings. I know that sometimes when I'm down those are the last things I want to think about because then I feel guilty for being so ungrateful, and really I just rob myself of a way out of my unhappiness and keep wallowing. Way to not wallow.
Oh, and broncos? Aren't those some kind of horse or something?
We have one BSU shirt we got from the DI, and my 5 yr old calls it his "angry horse" shirt. He has no idea why he gets so many comments on it when we go out in Boise.
I'm sorry things have been so rough. Lacey likes to kick me right in the stomach for fun because she knows she'll get a reaction. :( I'm glad you can see your blessings, too.
Post a Comment