Yesterday we had crazy rain that came and went all day long. When it would hit it was like standing under a hose, the rain was so heavy. Annalee was at school, so Vander and I sat by the front window and watched the street turn into a river.
The parking lot at Annalee's school flooded up to the bottoms of the cars and they didn't let them outside until some huge hail ended. When she got home, another big downpour started and Vander went to the backdoor, begging to go out.
"You want to go out in THIS?!" I asked.
"Yeah!" he said, in that excited, adorable way he has, where the word is two syllables and the first is higher than the last in tone.
So we did.
Vander and I ran out. It was COLD! We started screaming. I picked him up and we twirled around, dancing in the rain. We tried to get Annalee to join us but she didn't think it looked fun. When she finally came out she was a turtle, hunched over and hiding.
She had a lot more fun when I found the umbrellas!
Vander stayed out longer than all of us. At one point he came in because it had stopped raining. Very serious, he said, "Momma, turn the rain ON!"


3 comments:
Yeah, thanks for turning it off just at the right time for us to pick up our first grader from the bus stop. :)
That was a pretty exciting set of storms wasn't it? We watched the hail from our front porch, the kids covering their ears. Luckily the worst was over when it was time to go out.
We had fun driving through the huge puddles (or should I say rivers that covered most of the street) while we waited for the bus in our car (and no we didn't splash any people). At the end of the street it was just one big puddle up to the runners on our car. By the time we ran home to get my husband and the baby to show them, most of the water was gone. :( It disappeared so fast!
Awesome! Love that he wanted it turned back on.
I love your little boy. He reminds me of a two year old at my house - especially the "ye-ah!" part. I thought mine was the only kid that said it as two syllables.
Post a Comment