Here you can see the toy box (newly painted) that my dad made for me when I was a little girl. Also, the rocking chair I got for $2 (!) at a garage sale last summer. I am planning on reupolstering it.
Here you can see the lovely dresser that my mom bought when she was a teenager, and that I used when I was growing up. Over the years it had turned a little green, but now it is bright white again, looking better than I've ever seen it look.
Above it is the picture that was my inspiration for the whole room, a poster of a little girl fairy sleeping on a mushroom. The paint (a rosy kind of pink, not pastel-baby-girl-pink) was picked to match the picture.
There are also smaller pictures of little girl fairies around the room.
I promised earlier that I would talk about the baby shower (back in February) and now I will. We got so many cute and useful things that it would be impossible to name them all. The shower was thrown by my good friend Heather. I was surprised how many people were able to come. We got stuffed animals, a receiving blanket, bath supplies, a car seat, crib sheets, homemade burp cloths, toys, and oodles of darling little girl clothes! Later we got more things from family, like the crib, a high chair, an AngelCare baby monitor (that monitors breathing), and a stroller. It was more than I ever thought we'd get; we have been very blessed. Once little Annalee is born I will post so many pictures of her that it will probably overload the Google server, but when they get that repaired you will be able to see all the cute little outfits and various other gifts in action.
Right now we are just waiting. Nathan was disappointed when she didn't make her appearance on April Fool's Day, but so far it seems she is determined to hold out for three more weeks. Her mommy would be very happy if she came any time now, since things are getting more than a little uncomfortable. The doctor says she is head down (as if I couldn't FEEL her head with every waddling step!) and that she is cleared to come any time. Because of that, Nathan and my brother Steven have gone into panic mode. They carry their cell phones around with them religiously, and every time the phone rings they freak out, thinking that I am in labor. They also can't seem to grasp the amount of time required for a baby to make its appearance. They talk about "rushing to the hospital" even though I've tried to explain to them that it wouldn't make sense for me to go right away because first babies take so long. When I stayed after church last Sunday for a 1-hour meeting Nathan made sure that the ladies with me knew how to get ahold of him. (The church is a block from our house.) I just laugh and shake my head. Nathan is trained as an LPN and he can quote for you anything about labor and delivery that you'd like to know. But when it comes to his wife and his child, the male-panic-instinct takes over and he is just like every other dad-to-be!
5 comments:
Her room is darling, I'm so excited for her to come! Yeah that it's so soon!
How fun....I can't wait to have a little one to get a cutesy room together for. When are you due again...soon I'm guessing from the pics and the room prep! :)
The room looks so cute! I can't believe it's almost time already!! I really wish I could have been around to see you get all cute and pregnant. I look forward to seeing you and your baby next time I'm out that way.
The nursery looks great! you guys did an awesome job picking everything out.
So when we wanted to paint our girls room, we picked out a pretty pastel pink as well... however, once we put it on... it was COTTON CANDY PINK! It's soooooooo pink it hurts if you look at it for too long! Fortunatly the girls love it.
So fun! I love the room! Believe it or not, I've never had a cute decorated baby room for any of my babies. Sad huh. Money has just never been put into that. I love it! You guys did a great job!
I know the feeling of being so uncomfortable. Hang in there. They are so worth it and soon you get to meet a new little person that belongs to you! I'll be checking out the blog often to see if she is here yet!
Post a Comment