Thursday, June 19, 2008

Oh Crap


We've all had them, those days that just don't seem to go our way. Recently my brother had a bad day, a real bummer of a day, so I decided to cheer him up. I baked some brownies. Pretty nice sister, huh? But then they started to burn. So I tried to get them out of the pan right away so they wouldn't burn more. I inverted the pan over the cooling rack, but instead of a perfect brownie landing on the rack, a formless blob of hot brown goo flopped all over my counter. When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, right? What do you make when life gives you hot brown goo? Poo! The creation above was the result. I even happened to have a tube of yellow gel icing. Pretty nice sister, huh?

Since we're on the topic, I thought I'd share this lovely moment in parenting with all of you. The weekend we brought Annalee home from the hospital my milk finally came in, and so we stopped giving her formula. Her little tummy didn't like the switch. I was changing her diaper. I had just taken off the old one and replaced it with a new one. I had folded the diaper up but had not yet fastened it when . . . well, you can see what happened. We call this work of art "Projectile Poo" or "Pooetry in Motion." She got my shirt, my pants, and the carpet clear across the room. I yelled for Nathan, and he just gawked in amazement. Fortunately, I had the foresight to understand that someday I would think this was funny, so I had him grab the camera.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks Sandi for the hilarious post! I loved it, we all have crappy days, and I totally understand the projectile poop, the projectile vomits are almost equally as bad!

Keri said...

You've got such a great sense of humor! Yikes, what a pooey mess!!

Jessica Haddox said...

Pooetry in Motion! So how did you brother feel about eating poo? Cute story.

Sandi said...

Steven does not discriminate against chocolate in any form.

M A Haddox said...

At least you're not the kind of sister who just tells you that what looks like poo is actually chocolate...

...excuse me while I revisit the water closet