Friday, May 1, 2009

I'd Like to Thank All the Little People

I'd like to thank all the little people--little, skinny-butt people like my sister who motivated me to lose 20.6 lbs and win our weight-loss competition!

You may have noticed that my weight-loss graph hasn't moved in a while. I stopped updating it in mid-April so I could keep my final weight a surprise for my fellow competitors, but now it's been brought up to date. This morning we had our final weigh-in, and I got first place, having lost 9.49% of my body weight in two months. My mom was in second place and my skinny, nothing-left-to-lose sister was in third among the 8 or 9 of us. We all supplied prizes, and I got to pick first. There was a lot of cool stuff, like Pilates balls, exercise mats, pedometers, a high-tech scale, gift cards, and exercise videos, but I finally decided on a fancy water bottle, a lap-counter, and a book of calorie-counting for lots of popular restaurants.

This was so fun! The prizes were cool, but the best prizes of all are how I feel, and watching my family get healthier. Even my brother has started counting calories! I haven't decided yet what my next goal will be (one more specific than losing 40 pounds and looking like a super model).

Yay, me!

6 comments:

Jackson Family said...

way to go!!!! What an accomplishment!

Jessica Haddox said...

Wow! Congrats! I started going to Curves about two months ago and lost 5 pounds and 22 inches in the first month. Then I got sick (still sick after 3 weeks) and missed several days. Now I'm trying to get motivated again. Thanks for the nudge.

I need to come visit you again. I haven't even been able to comment on your blog because my browser crashes every time I try. But that's no excuse for not calling. Sorry.

Keri said...

Hooray for you! That's fantastic!!

Koreena said...

Congratulations! You did a great job!

Danica said...

Yeah! Good work Sandi. I know what decipline it takes to do that. It is so hard for me. I'm proud of you.
p.s. Hope Annalee had a happy birthday. Her cake was so pretty!!

Heather said...

WAY TO GO, I'm soooooo proud of you!!!!!!