We had a Trunk or Treat for the whole neighborhood the Tuesday before Halloween. I figured Annalee was still young enough to dress up as what I wanted her to be instead of what she wanted to be, so I planned for us all to dress up as Star Wars characters from Return of the Jedi. Vander revisited the Ewok costume I made for Annalee three years ago, Annalee got a tricked-out Tigger/Ewok costumer (there really were striped Ewoks), Nathan was Han Solo, and I was Princess Leia. I couldn't believe it when I got my short hair to go up into the Leia Endor 'do. Nathan couldn't either. He took one look at me when he got home and said "How?" And I said "Lots of pins and hair spray."
Just for fun, here is Vander (8 months) side-by-side with Annalee (6 months).
I love this picture because this is the face he makes when he is grinding his two top and two bottom teeth together, ugh! It really bothers Nathan. I just sigh because both kids do it (Annalee does it in her sleep) and they got it from me (I also do it in my sleep).
And, of course, I love this little smile!
4 comments:
It is always sad when kids decide that they want to choose what they want to be for Halloween. You mean you have an opinion? Who gave you permission to have that? Then moms have to get creative and try to convince them that is was their idea. Sometimes it even works. :)
Wish I had taken pictures when you came, just really busy! But I loved you coming and seeing me!!! Loved the "Striped Ewok"!
Even without the picture you can tell how much those 2 look alike.
Oh sure don't mention the one holding the camera. I see how it is. You guys looked great. Now if only there was a guy in StarWars that wore chain-mail.
Post a Comment