After Annalee's dance recital in January she decided she WAS NOT going to dance anymore. She had been telling me that for a while and we'd been battling about it. I wanted her to stick with it because my friend taught the class and it only cost $25 a month. Where else could I find an extra-curricular activity for so cheap? But after a massive tantrum (several, actually) I realized that forcing her to do it wasn't benefiting her. I liked being involved with the studio and didn't want my friend to lose the income, so I asked Vander if he wanted to dance.
He was so excited!
A few weeks shy of his third birthday, he was the youngest student of the studio. He was also the only boy. But he didn't mind one bit!
This picture is so funny to me. Whenever other people take pictures of your kids you get what you get. This is definitely his "are you ever gonna take that picture" smile, but it just looks like he is wondering what he's doing there with all those girls!
The Preschool class was doing the Charleston with flapper costumes. Vander got to be handsome in this vest suit. Because of weird coincidences, Nathan or other friends took Vander to dance on the days he had studio pictures and the dress rehearsal, so I didn't get to see him in his outfit until the day of his recital. Other mothers kept telling me how incredibly handsome he was.
Check out this studmuffin! I know he didn't do this on purpose--he was trying to pose how Daddy told him.
I swoon!
Because they were doing the 1920s I looked up men's hairstyles and decided to give it a try. His hair was already long, so I buzzed the sides and slicked the top back.
Instead of just a dress rehearsal and recital, this time they got to perform at the Nampa Farmer's Market before the Civic Center recital. I'm glad I took video of it because my video of the Civic did not turn out.
It was so fun to watch. There was plenty of bopping and knee-knocking. He would start doing something and just keep doing it until he noticed that other kids were doing something else. He didn't mind being 4-12 beats behind everyone, though. I was dying laughing! (Quietly, so it wouldn't be on the camera.) At the end he blows the girls a kiss and they swoon.
At the Civic it was Annalee's turn to wait patiently in the audience, like Vander had done in the past for her. She was such a good big sister and tried to keep Bellana happy.
Bellana was not nearly as screamy this time.
Vander got a little lost at this performance. At the Farmer's Market Miss Tammy could give them cues from in front of them, but at the Civic she was in the wings. Vander mostly did his own thing.
At the end of every recital the entire studio dances free-style to Katy Perry's "Roar" to celebrate the strength within. Miss Tammy has a gene that pretty much guarantees that she will get cancer if she isn't proactive, so she will be getting a double mastectomy this summer and other surgeries to preemptively fight it.
Vander had a good time show-boating for the free-style. (Could be this kid takes after me.) The funniest part of the video is that before they start dancing, Vander's class gets a little out-of-control during Miss Tammy's thank yous and remarks, forcing her to intervene in an onstage tickle fight!
We are so proud of Vander's fearlessness and enthusiasm!


No comments:
Post a Comment