Friday, June 19, 2015

The better to see you with, my dear

Guess who just joined Mom and Dad in the Nerd Club?  Lucky for her, glasses are considered pretty cool these days. Not like when Dad and I were young.

We have been taking her to vision appointments once a year for her whole life. Last year, the doctor said she would probably need glasses soon. This year she did. It made a big difference in being able to read things far away. Also, when she put them on she said, "I can see the streaks on the sliding glass door really well now!"

She has been so excited to get her glasses and thought they would arrive tomorrow. All day today she's been bouncing around saying, "One more day! Tomorrow will be the best day ever!" Then she asked me if I had been excited when I got glasses. Maybe I was. I don't remember, since I was three. But I'm pretty sure the excitement wore off fast!

We got this pair and a backup pair for around $30 from zennioptical.com.  Such a deal if you need glasses!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

yay for being able to see the streaks on the glass!!! hahaha she looks super cute!