
But it all kind of had the Pomegranate Effect. Have you ever eaten a pomegranate? They taste delicious, but by the time you go through all the work of getting to the blasted fruit (and then spitting out the seeds) you aren't able to enjoy it as much as you thought you would, and you think, "Why don't they sell the fruit part ready-to-eat?" Or in this case, why don't they dispense with the self-important windbags and let us all just see and cheer for our friends and family that we came here to see? The smaller ceremony the day before (just for the LPNs) was much more entertaining, because it was all about the graduates, not the high-and-mighty-dull speakers.
After the graduation we all went back to the school cafeteria for a reception, and to enjoy nutritious snacks.
It was a lot of fun, until Annalee woke up. I never realized how hard it is to find a place to nurse or change a diaper!
I'm sure I'm going to be learning this lesson everywhere I go. We stayed just long enough for Nathan to open some gifts and for me to wolf down my grapes and cheese, then we booked it for home, exhausted. In the words of Marian, in one of my favorite books, "I have never disliked anything so much as I have disliked this hole in my side." Or in my stomach, as the case may be. Amazing, how something like a little trip to the store leaves me completely worn out!
5 comments:
congrats to Nathan on graduating, what an accomlishment!
Congratulations Nathan! You make me laugh, Sandi...I just love your commentary on the whole graduation. Good luck healing. I've never been cut open like that, but I hear it's incredibly painful. I can't believe you were out for so long after only a week!
Congratulations Nathan! For the record, I love pomegranates and think they're worth the effort. Not the case with graduation ceremonies.
HI! I dont know if you know me, but I graduated w/ you. My name is Jayne Ann, and I just wanted to say how happy I am for you w/ your new little addition to the family! And for your husband graduating. WOW, lots of exciting things going on! You look amazing to be out and about right after having a baby, let alone, having a c-section.! I really admired you in high school, I thought you were really confident, and happy all the time!
Take it easy, put your feet up, and enjoy your new little baby!
~Jayne Ann (willits) Thayn
Congratulations to you both. Getting done with school is so exciting. Sandi, just relax and enjoy the baby. She will only stay that little for just a little while. You'll get use to gettin out soon enough. While you have reason and good excuse just be lazy at home with her. (a lesson that took me 3 babies before I learned)
Post a Comment