It may seem obvious to all of you veteran parents, but remember that I am just a rookie, so when I am shocked and amazed by the rigors of parenthood, I hope you will keep that in mind. Have you ever taken your child to get professional photos taken? I will liken the experience to trying to stuff a rabid cat into a too-small wetsuit while the cat is unable to control its bowels. Annalee HATED the flashes in her face. She hated the clothing changes and the diaper changes. She hated lying on her tummy. The entire hour (was it really only an hour?) was spent in seemingly unendless repetition of the same 45 second scene: FLASH FLASH FLASH -- WAAAAAAAAAAAH! Shhhhh . . . you're okay, you're a good girl. (At which point we'd soothe her with the pacifier.) As soon as she was calm, we'd yank out the pacifier, leap back, and FLASH FLASH FLASH -- WAAAAAAAAAH!! You get the idea. It was all worth it though, as you can see from these very cute pictures! All of the birth announcements have been sent out now, as well as invitations to her baby blessing on June 1st. I hope I didn't miss anyone, but if I did, please forgive my mommy amnesia and let me know--I'll email you the information about the blessing.
They're looking for me!
How embarrassing!
This is the blessing dress Mommy made!
Are we done yet? I'm tired.
And hungry!
Daddy is comfortable.
Ooo, I'm making a good diaper!
Kisses!
I'm not really asleep, I'm blinking.


8 comments:
beautiful pictures Sandi, I really enjoyed looking through them. they are all precious and priceless, I ecspecially love the first one, the one in her beautiful blessing dress, and the family picture with you both looking at her. She's a beautiful angel, congratulations again!
Wow! Those are great pictures! Very cute blessing dress. I really love the one with all three of you. She's so beautiful! And you!! You look way too good and way too awake to convince me you have a newborn. I can't wait to see her and you in person!
I sent my mom a link to the pictures when she was born. My mom is totally in love with her. She says she can't believe how beautiful she looks. She really is just perfect.
I agree with Jay's mom. How in the world could something SO cute be your daughter?
Yeah, I'm expecting to be hit by Jay when I get home.
Joking aside, these pictures are INCREDIBLY adorable!! My favorites: "Winking" in Nathan's hand, Anna and Mum (you look great!), and Anna on Nathan's shoulder.
You know that stupid question they ask, "If you had to sacrifce everyone but one of your family members, who would you pick?" The answer was never ever going to not be Jessica.. but then we had myson. Then Em... Now it's all so confusing!! I can see Nathan totally smitten over his daughter and having the same problem.
Thank you for the pictures!
Those pictures are beautiful! I'm sorry it was so hard to get her to cooperate, but they were worth it! She is just perfect! I love her blessing dress. I wish I had enough talent to sew one. You did a great job.
Jessica told me about your link. It is wonderful to see such proud parents and a beautiful little daughter. I'm certain you are enjoying this new adventure. Congrats.
One thing that's nice is that you totally can't tell the session was a disaster!!! They turned out great! My favorite is the one of you holding Annalee. It's precious! I also like the last one with the whole family... so sweet!
It looks like the pictures may have been worth that miserable hour...she's beautiful & the pictures are gorgeous!
Those are precious! Love, love, love them! Especially the ones where you guys are holding her.
Post a Comment