Thursday, November 13, 2008

And the Winner Is:

KOREENA! YAY!!!

Hooray for you! I was hoping that you would win because you were the first to figure out my little joke, but then when you did win I felt bad for being biased! I assure you all, the drawing was completely random, thanks to random.org. I'll be sending you your prize, Koreena, via media mail (yes, I'm cheap) so it should arrive there in 4-9 days. Your address starts with 290, right? If not, send your correct address to sandibeek (at) gmail (dot) com.

Yes, the starving baby was me at seven months old. I was wondering if anyone would notice the yellowing of the picture, the 70's decor, or the shape of the baby's face. Annalee is waaay cuter than I was as a baby, but at least we know where she got her pudge from!

This was a fun contest. I didn't get as many entries as I'd expected, but maybe not everyone was interested in the prize, or maybe I didn't leave the contest open long enough. I've decided to continue to allow all comments, since I can just delete comments if some whack-o comes along like Mike . . . whoops, I mean . . . So, uh, anyway, everyone will be able to comment from now on. (Come on, Grammy! Leave a comment!) I will probably do another contest in the future. Thanks for playing!

5 comments:

Koreena said...

Yay!!! I'm so happy!!! Yes, that's still my address.

I noticed the older style of the bathroom floor, shower curtain, shampoo bottles, quality of the picture and thought "There's no way that can be recent!" But everyone's response on that post had me doubting myself! Plus, that head that you see that back of does not look like your hair. I asked Dan whether I should put 2 or 3 down, and he said, "It's Sandi. There's some kind of game or trick in there somewhere if she's asking you to count so low." I'm glad I listened to him. :)

Thanks! You've made my day! :)

Rachel said...

good job Koreena for noticing the baby was Sandi!

Jessica Haddox said...

Well now, I have to say, my answer (if I had submitted one) would have been much higher because I was going to count the number of times your hand was in the "I Don't Like Peas" post. I honestly meant to post an entry, but got totally side tracked. I didn't think the starving baby picture looked much like Annalee, but I wasn't smart enough to figure it out like Koreena. Congrats!

Sandi said...

Thanks for the compliment, Dan! You made my day! (My husband called me devious the other day, and then said, "You think that's a compliment, don't you!")

Since the only requirement was that my face appear, if I had reeeeeally wanted to be devious I could have counted the wedding photo in the "Good Advice" post (there are two wedding photos, but only one of them shows my whole face, the other is a profile.) But hey, somebody had to win!

Koreena said...

I meant to tell you I got the book in the mail the other day. It's beautiful. Thank you so much! :)