Have you ever suddenly found something that you thought was lost and gone forever (like poor Clementine)? I had a CD collection in one of those portable zip things, with over 30 of the coolest, bestest CDs in it. I lost it right around the time I quit my last job. When I realized I couldn't find it I was so sad, because I knew I could never go back to my boss to see if I'd left it there. You see, when I told her that I would be quitting (giving her three weeks notice) she got mad. When I showed up for work the next day the locks had been changed! So, I was sure that if I had left my CDs there she had probably taken great delight in stomping them to pieces or playing frisbee with them. Long gone.
But then just the other day as I was decorating for Christmas I found them in the bottom of a box of junk! There were a few Christmas things on the top, followed by a bunch of old maternity freebees (magazines and coupons), followed by my CDs! Yay! I now recall that the CDs also disappeared right around the time of our miscarriage. I was so sick of looking at all that baby stuff that I just threw it in a tote and put it in the garage.
So, even though most people listen to Christmas music while decorating for Christmas, I have been listening to Veggie Tales, Brett Raymond, and the movie soundtrack from "The Best Two Years." (Mamma makes the best fried chicken . . .) Hooray for finding lost treasures!
2 comments:
that's funny, it has happened to me, but not as often as I'd like!
I wish I still had my Veggie Tales music. Hyrum and Emily would love that!
Post a Comment