After Thanksgiving Annalee announced that it was time for her to move on to a big girl bed by climbing/falling out of her crib during a tantrum. We heard
SCREAM! SCREAM! [eerie silence] THUMP! SCREAM! Nathan bolted to her room, having guessed immediately what the sound was. She was okay, but still screaming about the Gameboy we had taken away.
Seriously?So that night Nathan took the front rail off her crib, and she got a big girl bed!


I wish I could blame these horrible, blurry shots on fast movement . . .

. . . wow, that teddy bear is moving
fast! But actually, it's just our digital camera about to get thrown in the trash. (We're saving up for a new one.)
Something tells me that Nathan had a talk with his daughter since
the last time I asked her that question. (Who taught you to jump on your bed?) Notice how she clammed up in the video?
She spent that first night in her crib daybed, but Nathan was really worried about how far it was to the floor when she rolled out of bed. I started looking for bed rails, and discovered that $30 was cheap. What?! So I found a toddler bed on Craigslist instead for $10. Nathan took down the old bed. Bye-bye, crib! (It was a lot easier to take down than it was
to set up.)

Annalee loved her new bed, even though it is dark blue and not very girly.

That is, she loved it until she had to go to bed in it!
SCREAM! SCREAM! SCREAM! After a few
weeks of little sleep (for all of us) she got more used to it, but bedtime is no longer the simple, plop-'er-in-the-crib-and-leave system we had before. Now it is full of stories, rituals, songs, prayers, pleadings, hair-pullings, occasional spankings, and gnashing of teeth. Can't they just make a crib with a lid?
I would buy it!
6 comments:
Oh, the fun has begun! Our girls go through phases where they do really well at staying in bed, and other times we are about to pull our hair out. Occasionally, we have to lock them in...and, of course, we unlock their door before going to bed. Hey, I'd rather let them (really just Jenna) cry and fall asleep at the door than be in and out a million times.
I'm sorry and good luck. We getting ready to do a change in beds around here and I'm afraid of the transition. Aaron to his own bed and Miriam to a toddler bed.
They do make cribs with cages on top... or so I've heard...
Yes they do, they use them in hospitals to keep kids from running amock. They are for "safety" reasons and look like big chimp cages.
Oh, I've been there. Sometimes I handled the bed time better than others. Make sure you pray for patience. :)
Too funny! I hope she has settled into her big girl bed by now. She is growing up so fast!
Post a Comment