Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Soul Sisters

My sophomore year at Ricks College I had the best roommates. The only other year my roommates were so awesome was my last year, right before I graduated and got married.
Sandi, Keri, Danica, Koreena, and Rachel

Keri was our neighbor in the dorms, and our adopted roommate. Danica was the Relief Society president and she also got engaged that semester, so she was a little busy! Koreena was my creative partner in crime, my stress-reliever. Rachel was my room roommate and my round-the-clock giggle-fest. I love these girls so much! None of us got to be roommates the next year because several of us graduated, and we didn't know that two months later Ricks was going to become BYU-Idaho! We sort of lost contact for a while, but over the last two years we've all picked up blogging and now feel like we know each other and our families even better. I love reading blog posts and watching their cute kids and learning from these wise parents.

Last weekend we pulled off our long-awaited Roommate Reunion at Danica's house. We had a potluck with our families.
Pretty incredible that we got a shot with all but one of the kids looking at the camera--practically unheard of! Even the dog is looking.

It was so fun to reminisce! Each of them remembers things that I don't, or knows different parts of the stories I know. I can't wait for our Girls' Night Sleepover!

6 comments:

Keri said...

So much fun! I love my college friends!

Jessica Haddox said...

I was always so jealous because my dorm experience was horrendous. That's absolutely amazing that you all managed to get together again! Usually when people say "We should get together sometime" it never happens. This is truly a tribute to the awesomeness of your roomies!

Koreena said...

It's scary it's been 10 years since we lived together. How fast time goes by!! I'm so glad I got to be roommates with all of you!

Danica said...

I too am looking forward to the sleep over! Loved all of the updated posts. I didn't realize it had been so long since I had looked at your blog!

Jackson Family said...

It was AWESOME seeing everyone!

Anonymous said...

Very good photos! Miss you guys! Jared