Saturday, August 14, 2010

The 3 month alien

In case you haven't noticed my sidebar, we are pregnant! I say we, because I get to suffer because I'm pregnant, and Nathan gets to suffer because he's married to me.

This pregancy has been completely different from when I was pregnant with Annalee. For that reason, I think I am having a boy. I realize that every pregnancy is different and it could be another girl, but I bought a bunch of garage sale boys clothes anyway.

When I was pregnant before I lost somewhere between 20 and 30 pounds between week 4 and week 14, when my morning sickness finally went away. I only threw up twice the whole pregnancy, but I just couldn't eat! I didn't gain back what I'd lost until the 9th month, and then I gained 10 pounds more, so when Annalee was born I was back at my pre-pregnancy weight (which was still overweight). I was so sick at the beginning that I couldn't get out of bed most days before eating something, which would often make me feel more sick. I had horrible, horrible heartburn the whole pregnancy, which also left me dehydrated since I couldn't even drink water without the burning.

This time I have had mild heartburn, not bad enough to make me take anything for it. I have thrown up once, and that was because I didn't eat soon enough. It's weird, but this time my morning sickness comes when I don't eat often enough. If I hurry and eat then I'll feel fine, but if I don't then things get really bad. And I am SO TIRED. More than having a two-year-old can account for. Even when she's with my family and I do nothing strenuous I am still so very tired all the time. If I lay down for a nap, it will be a 4 hour nap. (Not a good idea when you have a toddler running around.) If I don't take a nap I will crash physically and emotionally (like, stupid crying because I'm so tired) right around 6:30 p.m. FUN!

But we are so grateful to be pregnant. We have been trying for a long time and finally had some tests done that indicated we had infertility issues. We were all set to begin fertility treatments when suddenly we became pregnant without them. My doctor has taken lots of extra precautions with me because of my history of miscarriage. Our other miscarriages happened around 7 1/2 weeks, so we are feeling pretty confident about this little guy. Or girl.

We've been telling Annalee about the baby in Mommy's tummy. We ask her whether it's a baby brother or a baby sister, and she always either says "baby brudder" or "baby boy".

Today we hit 12 weeks! I am really looking forward to the happy days of the second trimester!

7 comments:

Keri said...

Your pregnancy this time sounds similar to all of my pregnancies. So much better than the other, right? Except being tired...that part is really hard! I'm really happy for you & glad that you've made it to this point.

Martha said...

Wow! Congratulations, I am so happy for you. Who is your doctor and do you like him? Good luck with the next 2 trimesters.

Jackson Family said...

thanks for the update-I've been thinking about you.

Koreena said...

Congrats on hitting the 2nd trimester! I'm glad things have been going better this time. My pregnancy with Matty was sooo much easier than with Jossy. I right with you thinking you're having a boy.

Jessica said...

Your pregnancies sound just like mine both with Miriam and Aaron so I tend to agree that you've got a boy coming.I was so tired and huge with Aaron that Jennifer came to help me with Miriam the last 6 weeks or so (after all she was only about 15 mon old). Congratulations on making it into the 2nd tri! My miscarriages were all in the 1st as well so once I make it past that point it seems a done deal.

Neoma said...

I wondered about that side bar-thing. Congratulations. It looks like we're due around the same time. Yay babies!

Because Daddy said so said...

It is not suffering.... It is paradise living with the woman I love. She is my lil'bundle of emotions.