Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I nailed it

I don't paint my nails that often because

1) The smell makes Nathan sick

and

2) Why paint them when it's just going to rub off in a few days?

I'm all about low-maintenance beauty. When I was in junior high and my friends were getting contacts, I envisioned a contact that could be surgically implanted in your eye so you never had to take it out. (Kind of like LASIK!) The in and out of contacts, the washing, it was all too much for me. Likewise, one of these days when I'm rich I'm going for laser hair removal--shaving and waxing is just too much work. Makeup? Give me some waterproof mascara that I can put on once every 3 days. Basically, I'm lazy.

So that's why Annalee is almost 2 1/2 and I just painted her nails for the first time.

She chose the colors: red for her toes and blue for her fingers. Before I could get the camera she had already chewed most of the blue off. (Hence, I will only be painting her toes in the future.)

We made a girl party of it and did my toes too, in green, which Annalee picked.



Now they are in serious need of a reapplication, but I don't know if I'll get around to it. If they ever come out with polish that only needs to be applied once a month, I'll be right there! (Or maybe color, surgically implanted just below the nail . . .)

1 comment:

The Peine Family said...

Ha ha! I had to laugh at your post because I thought you were talking about me. :) I too prefer low maintenance (read: lazy)beauty. I've heard you can get eye makeup tatooed on. Crazy! I absolutely LOVE Annalee's fat little feet and dimpled hands with the nail polish!