He gets flaming pudding pie. This year. Last year he got an ice cream cake. (He doesn't like cake.)
Annalee was sure the fun was all for her.
Indeed, the wrapping paper was perhaps a little juvenile for someone turning 32. But it just went along with the present inside.
Ever since Nathan started wearing scrubs, I've been looking for fun guy scrubs. Turns out, they don't make "men's scrubs". They make women's and they make unisex. My husband is definitely male, not either of those two choices. It was so frustrating to me that anything that had a print design was girly. (Unless you count the college football team scrubs. Which are stupid.) Once, I found him some non-girly (again, not male, just not girly) Bugs Bunny scrubs, but they were in the wrong size. And when I tried to order the right side I was told they had been discontinued. Come on, people! With more men entering the nursing field every year, someone has got to pick up the ball here.Aaaaaaanyway, so ever since he started school I've been planning to make him some super hero scrubs, like batman or superman. Only, it's impossible to find fabric for major movie characters when there isn't a major movie coming out about them that year. By pure chance, someone offered me some scrap fabric last year, just enough to make a scrub top and add some pockets to the pants.
Every night for a week before his birthday, I would banish Nathan to the office to do his homework after Annalee was in bed so I could work on these.Of course, his banishment was not particularly new, since he spent every night doing homework in there anyway. Sometimes he needed help, so he consulted an expert at staying up late, Dr. Pepper.
Happy Birthday, Hun!
1 comment:
Such creative gifts! I love the Dr. Pepper man and the scrubs.
Post a Comment