Sunday, July 10, 2011

5 kids

"How would you like to have 5 kids?" I asked Nathan.

"Sounds good to me!" he said.

"This weekend?"

"Waaaaaaaaait. What?"

This weekend we had our nephew Calvin and our niece Paisley come visit. They got in late Friday night. Saturday morning we went to the church because it was our turn to clean it with a few other families. The kids had a blast running around in the gym while all the grown ups did boring things like vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting, and window washing. At least we had more help this time than we did last time!

Afterward, we came home and I packed a picnic lunch while the kiddos played in the backyard on Annalee's "park." Around noon, Sarah and Bob dropped off their last kid, Ginny, and we headed to the zoo!

The wild animals:
The beast of burden:
The playground in the petting zoo:








"Aunt Sandi, take my picture!"


"Hey, Aunt Sandi, take my picture again!"


Actual petting at the petting zoo. Llama


Cuuuuuuute grey donkey.


Vander and Ginny were so adorable together. (Ginny is a month older than Vander.) Several people asked if they were twins. It was fun to have twins--for a day!


Vander was very interested in the little girl next to him. Ginny was very interested in eating her strap.

Proof I was there. (Thanks, Nathan.)

Uncle Nathan loved feeding a bottle to someone who actually wants it. (Vander is very anti-bottle.)

After the zoo we came home for some quiet time. (Sarah and Bob picked up Ginny.) I was the only one who got a nap. (THANK YOU, Nathan!) We had tortilla pizzas for dinner. Then it was time for MOVIE NIGHT! (in the afternoon) We popped popcorn and watched Megamind, which the kids had never seen. It got done around 8:00 p.m. and we rounded up the kiddos for bed.


Calvin had his own room and presumeably went to sleep quickly. The girls were sharing, and stayed up giggling past 10:00. We warned them to quiet down a few times, but mostly I just smiled as I listened to them having fun.

Today we hauled them all to church. Sacrament meeting was . . . not as bad as it could have been. Thank goodness for Primary!

We came home and had some lunch, then just loafed around until Sarah and Bob came to pick them up. What a fun weekend!

2 comments:

Just Mom said...

Wanted to call for a report, hope to get more details although this was pretty cool. Awesome job!

Koreena said...

Glad it wasn't so bad. I agree, twins for a DAY would be nice. :)