Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Go, me!

Three years ago when Nathan started working as a nurse he got several pairs of lovely new scrubs.  It is no easy thing to find guy-worthy scrubs in a female-nurse world, but I try very hard.  (Unisex is not the same as guy-worthy!)  His favorite were his black scrubs.  Unfortunately, he only got to wear them twice before they had a run-in with some splattered white paint.
 How we mourned!  (Nathan for his beloved color, me for the beloved waste of money.)
 So I held onto them, thinking there had to be SOMETHING I could do to save them.  (P.S. Black marker, colored over white paint, does not work.)  Then it came to me: I would JAZZ them.  See, when you play jazz music there is a very important rule.  If you make a mistake, make it again.  And again.  Pretty soon you have a very creative solo made out of that mistake and no one will ever notice because--hey, it's jazz.

I decided to add more white paint.
 The entire process was Vander-approved.
And the result!

 A planet here, a gaseous giant there, and voila!  Space scrubs!
 They even look cute from behind.  (Or maybe that's just the model, tee hee!)

We have a verrrrrry nice pillowtop mattress.  We do not have very nice boxsprings.  At least, not lately.  We figured that out when we put our mattress on the floor and finally experienced support.  (Thanks for the idea, Keri!)  We could have bought a new bed or boxsprings, but alas!  No $$$.  So I went shopping for thick queen-sized boards at Lowes.  I was not happy to discover that they also cost big $$ and that I would need a truck to get them home.  So I found a better solution:
 $17.65, people.  Place mattress on top.  Happiness.

I planted flowers out front for the first time this year.  I meant to do it every other year, but I spent so long planning and scrapping those plans because I was afraid of making a mistake that I never got around to it until now.
 Those long grass-like things?  Uh, weeds?  That's silly.  They are, uh, just part of the natural flower arrangement.
Go, me!

5 comments:

Keri said...

Who knew that my simple comment would lead to such comfort in your own bed?! Your flowers are beautiful & the scrubs are pretty cool, too!! Isn't it thrilling to be thrifty and fix stuff up?

Just Mom said...

My favorite will always be your tooth earrings! Always you are incredibly creative.

The Peine Family said...

Awesome scrub fix!

Jenson Family said...

You are AWESOME!!!!! I totally get the guy scrub thing. Those space scrubs are to die for. You are Wonder Woman. The flowers are beautiful and hooray for a good night sleep. You girl, woke up with your game face on!

Koreena said...

Creative Sandi is at it again!