Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Having a nice confusation

Mommy: What kinds of vegetables do you like?
Annalee: Carrots . . . tomatoes . . . just carrots and tomatoes.
Mommy: What about corn?
Annalee: I LOVE corn on the COB!
Mommy: And peas?
Annalee: Peas, um, just a little bit of peas, not too much.
Mommy: And green beans?  Do you like green beans?
Annalee: I like green Skittles!

[different conversation]
Mommy: I don't know.
Annalee: What do you mean?
Mommy: I mean, I don't know.
Annalee: But, what do you mean?
Mommy: What do you mean "what do you mean?"
Annalee: What does "I don't know" mean?
Mommy: It means I don't know.
[repeat last two lines several times]
Mommy: It means that someone out there might possibly know, but that someone isn't me.
Annalee: Someone knows?  Do I know?
Mommy: DO you know?
Annalee: I don't know.


Mommy: Do you want to go to D.I.? (the thrift store)
Annalee: Um, no.
Mommy: Really?  But you love D.I.!
[Annalee sets her balloon down and then sits on it, getting very serious.]
Annalee: Mommy, I have to tell you something about D.I. Sometimes I like D.I. and sometimes I don't like D.I.

3 comments:

Just Mom said...

Wait till she explains why you are wrong.....subject does not matter.

The Peine Family said...

I love it! I just love having conversations with my kids, too.

The Peine Family said...

Er, confusations. :)