A few months ago we switched wireless plans from Sprint to VirginMobile. Our contract was ending, and we were going to go from paying around $25/month for unlimited calling to something MUCH LESS NICE. (Dontcha hate it when they get rid of the good plans?) So we found a plan on VM that covered the amount of minutes we normally use for $30. The only sad part was that I had to change phones. I got rid of my nice LG slider with its camera and miriad ringtones, and got a $15 cheapie because, well, it was $15! It has no camera :(
But it was time to sell my other phone, and I suddenly realized I was about to lose all of my pictures! Perhaps when it was still active I could have found a way to email myself the pictures, but now it was too late. I even bought a computer cord and tried to get them that way, but to no avail. At last, I simply grabbed my regular camera and took pictures of the pictures on my phone. They turned out a little grainy, but I couldn't lose them!

It was like opening a tim capsule, going back a few years. So many of these pictures were once the wallpaper on my phone--I looked at them many times a day. In one she plays with her cousin Paisley in the pool. When Paisley came to stay for a week she became enamoured with Annalee's cloth diapers and insisted that she wear them too. I had to plan carefully to make sure I had two of each color ready so there'd be no fighting! In another, we went out to eat at Craigo's Pizza Buffet. She fell asleep on the way there and didn't wake up as we carried her inside and layed her on the bench. In a few others, she plays with her Grammy Vann. In another, she sits with her friend JD in a Lowe's shopping cart. I had decided to see what it felt like to have two kids. At one point they were yelling at each other so much I just left them and walked waaaay down the long aisle, laughing. I could still see them, but I could pretend like the embarrassing disturbance wasn't mine. I decided then that I wasn't quite ready for two kids! But really, who is? The picture of her in her sleeper was taken just before Vander was born, so unfortunately it didn't get much screen time.

I had to make room for
this cutie! The widdle brown outfit he wore home from the hospital, I think. A rare moment of sucking his thumb. A game he used to play where he'd stick his tongue waaay out and then we'd push it back in, saying "Get dat tongue back inside dat mouth!" And his early smiles and laughs.
Another ancient treasure: a regrettably poor resolution picture of my honey. But I still love it!
1 comment:
Sad you couldn't get them on your computer any other way, but at least you have them for your blog book! :)
Post a Comment