Friday, February 15, 2013

Oh, what a joy! We're having a...

GIRL!
Tuesday we went in for our ultrasound.  We brought the kids with us so they could find out at the same time we did whether they would have a baby brother or sister.  I had to explain to Annalee that we were going to SEE the baby, not get the baby out of my tummy.  She was a little disappointed that we weren't gonna bring her home that day.

I didn't realize the procedure was going to be an hour long or I'd have had them wait outside with Nathan until the end.  (My third baby and I didn't know this?  It never seemed that long before.)  They measured every little thing they could think of and everything looked great.  Here is a profile shot of her.  The bar above her head is her little fist--a few seconds before, we could see her whole arm waving.

Annalee is really excited about a sister.  I guess we should have listened to her about what we were having because she was right about Vander too.  When we were still trying and not yet pregnant we would say, "Are we going to have a baby sister or baby brother?"  And she would say in her two-year-old voice, "Baby brudder."  Nathan and I were both surprised to find out it is a girl--just because of the pregnancy symptoms--but we are delighted either way.  Since we already have a girl's name picked out and not a boy's, this makes it much easier!
 
And the winner of our contest is DIY Mom, who was the first to guess a girl.  I was a little surprised when the random number generator came up with a 1, but there's random chance for ya!  I had picked a winner the same day we found out but had to wait to do this post until I could scan the ultrasound picture.  It was funny, because DIY Mom commmented later "So, it's a girl. When are you doing the drawing... what will I win? Remember you have to be able to mail it... :o)"  I guess she not only has premonitions about baby genders but about whether she will win contests too!  This week baby girl is the size of a papaya, so DIY Mom has won a $5 gift card to Albertsons to buy a papaya or any other fruit that sounds good to her (like donuts...the jelly ones are fruit, right?)  I know you are all so jealous of this fabulous prize!  Thanks for guessing!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations! I should've known it was going to be a girl, cause somebody's got to balance out the universe since I keep having boys. :) I'm happy for Annalee. She'll be a great big sister.

Koreena said...

An hour long?? Mine was 10 minutes! I wish I had gotten to see mine longer. So fun we're both having girls so close together!