As it has gotten closer to the birth of the baby, the kids have been playing with dolls more. Vander got his Buzz Lightyear and started talking to him like a baby and putting him down for a nap.
"Nigh-Nigh!"
Vander also went through a bowtie phase, where he wanted to wear a bowtie every day, no matter what shirt he was wearing.
What happens if you don't get a nap before church? A snooze on the couch before dinner. (Annalee was joining in, pretending to sleep.)
When I was engaged in the endless process of phasing out clothes the kids have outgrown and introducing new hand-me-downs from cousins, I had Annalee trying on outfit after outfit to see if they still fit. Vander wanted to get in on the action, even though all the clothes were girl clothes that day.
Shall we save this one to show to your dates, buddy?
Vander has been trying to get dressed by himself, lately, with mixed results.
I don't have a lot of extra pictures of Annalee this time, but here's a story.
Annalee was asking me about what the baby would eat when she's born and I told her my body was getting ready to make milk. "How does your body make milk?" she wondered. Not wanting to go into explanations about chemicals and hormones I said, "The same way a cow or any other animal makes milk." She looked at me like I was crazy and asked, "You eat GRASS?"
3 comments:
Those last two made me laugh out loud. Maybe you should try eating grass. Maybe your milk will be more nutritious. ;)
Awe, what a pretty girl Vander makes! :)
Oh, and the grass comment is HILARIOUS!
Post a Comment