When Vander wakes up in the morning we usually languish in bed until he wakes up his sister so she can open the door for him. Then they come attack us with demands for food. On the morning of Annalee's 5th birthday, though, I woke up up with Vander's first yell and looked at the clock: exactly 7:00. So I convinced Nathan to roll out of bed with me and we woke Annalee up with a stirring rendition of "Happy Birthday." She was so zonked that she didn't wake up until the second run-through, when Vander joined in.
For fun, I let Annalee pick any box of cereal she wanted at the store, to eat on her birthday. The only catch was she had to share it with us. I guess we got excited about something other than Cheerios because after breakfast the box was empty! (But then again, I noticed that the supposedly awesome salesprice was probably due more to the box being much smaller than normal, rather than a sale. Don't think we don't notice, evil corporations!)
She desperately wanted a rainbow chip cake for her birthday. I desperately wanted to not eat a cake from a mix. So I meticulously sifted out the rainbow "chips" from the box cake and we mixed them into a homemade cake. Annalee was thrilled that she got to help. The cake turned out great but the frosting was runny for some reason. It was still good! We colored it pink and added sprinkles, another requirement of the queen.
Daddy showed her the proper way to pose with her cake.
Right before we lit the candles we found the decorations that we use for every birthday. "Oh yeah, maybe we should put these up."
The kids only ate a little bit of cake before they were aching to open presents. Annalee was very nice to let her brother help.
Annalee got another Dreamlite and a Pillow Pet. During a bout of nightmares she had a few months ago she grew afraid of her alligator dream lite and then she later figured out it wasn't a real Dreamlite anyway. So she gave that one to Vander and now has a penguin named Penguinis (a girl) and a puppy dog Pillow Pet. (I got them on a very, very good online deal a few months ago.)
She also got some money for her birthday from grandparents and other relatives and will be using it to buy some very girly knobs for her dresser.
How fun for her! I wondered how you got those rainbow chips in there. I guess we forgo the sugary cereal and have the sugary box cake (although I'm not able to make it nice and layered like you did). Happy birthday Annalee!
2 comments:
How fun for her! I wondered how you got those rainbow chips in there. I guess we forgo the sugary cereal and have the sugary box cake (although I'm not able to make it nice and layered like you did).
Happy birthday Annalee!
I can't believe you took out the rainbow chips from the mix to use! I'm way too lazy to make it from scratch!
Post a Comment