After almost two weeks of sitting around at home, WE HAD TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!
It had been really, really hot, but we just had to get out!
We went to a playground that someone had the brilliance to build under some massive shade trees. Bellana slept the whole time.
We snacked on some grapes while my mom took pictures. It was so nice to have her stay with me the week that Nathan had to go back to work. What a relief! I actually got some sleep!
(some)
His smile just melts my heart!
Vander's goal at any playground is to do all the big, scary things that are meant for the big kids. It made Grandma a little nervous when he was climbing this thing, especially as he got to the top. Okay, so I was a little nervous too. But I've seen him do these kinds of things enough that I knew he could.
This next series of pictures is hilarious. There were three slides at the park, but two of them had big puddles at the bottom. That left only this slide, a bumpy one. Don't ask me why they make bumpy slides. I think it's dumb. Annalee started out with a look of glee,
(click on the picture to make it larger and scroll through for full effect)
which eventually changed to one more akin to "what did I get myself into?!"
She went down it many more times and finally decided that she liked it.
Vander went down it and DID NOT like it. So he found something else incredibly high that he couldn't go on.
Annalee had great fun on the swings. She's gotten really good at pumping herself in the last year. (Which was a good thing, since neither Grandma nor I was willing to go out in the hot sun and push her.)
Poor Vander, trying to push himself!
(Has anyone else noticed how ridiculously high many swings are, nowadays? It seems like when I was a kid they were nice and low and we had to throw them over the top a few times to make them the right height for bigger kids. Now, they are often too high for even grownup to sit on! What's up with that?)
3 comments:
This is why I'm not looking forward to having a baby in January. Cabin Fever! Glad you got out, I'm not envious of your hot weather though. Yesterday evening we were freezing here, it was down to 54 at 7:00!
I hate bumpy slides too, so pointless, and I'm not really a big fan of high ladders that turn horizontal (have they no imagination?). I think the swing thing has to do with the wood chips. They are the right height at the beginning, when the wood chips are fresh and fluffy and haven't been kicked away, but those things get moved around too much or simply compacted. I don't remember wood chips much as a kid, but I do remember pea gravel, it stayed put a little better maybe, although it was also no fun to get in your sandals.
Oh man! I really laughed at the photos you captured of annalee on the bumpy slide! haha
A bumpy slide!? Weird!
Post a Comment