Monday, July 29, 2013

Newborn pictures

I think I can admit that I am addicted to pictures of my children.  Can you blame me?  Unfortunately, I can't afford the going rate for newborn pics, $200 or more.  Fortunately, I am pretty good at finding amateur photographers that are willing to take pictures for a very low fee since they are building their portfolios.  These were taken by one of Nathan's coworkers.  It was her first time photographing a newborn!  She was so patient, even though it took a while to settle Bellana down several times.  By the time we were done it had been two hours and she and I were both sweating!  (Nathan was trying to keep the other kids occupied.)  I'm glad she was able to take the pictures at our home--it was very convenient so soon after surgery.  These are from when Bellana was 5 days old.











Here is one we took of her in the blessing dress.  It was at the end of the session and we were all exhausted and we couldn't get the lighting right.  It was HUGE on her--we had to fold the extra on the bodice under her.  I have a feeling it's going to fit a lot better on Sunday!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I've never done professional pictures of my family. I have a hard time justifying it since I feel like I can take o.k. pictures, but these are beautiful. His co-worker isn't far from professional status. Thanks for sharing.

Koreena said...

Aw, so sweet! I love seeing her in her blessing dress.