Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Incredible Shrinking Giraffe

Several of my friends have done this with their babies and I have forgotten to the last two times!  Well, not this time!  (That is, I remembered when she was a week old.)
 
One Week

One Month
 Two Months
 Three Months
 Four Months
 

Bellana just turned four months old this week!  Now, that giraffe that was barely taller than her (sitting down) at birth only goes up to her ear.  It's the giraffe my friend Kristy gave to Annalee when she was born.

I could also call this post "The Incredible Balding Baby."  The older she gets, the more hair she loses.  >sniffle<  Her beautiful red hair is all but gone.  All she has left is the beginning of a baby mullet in the back.  But at least she got to keep her blue eyes!

Bellana is laughing and smiling all the time now.  She sleeps 10-12 hours at night!  I love it!  What a lucky mom I am!  Although she doesn't like being put in her carseat, she does great riding in the car--the best of my three.  But maybe that's because she has an entertaining sibling on either side of her in the back seat.  I guess I can't blame Baby Annalee for hating being alone in the back!

This is classic Bellana.  Any time we lay her down she immediately grabs her toes.  She hasn't figured out how to eat them yet, but she loves to hold them.  I love baby toes too!
Check out those chubby thighs!

2 comments:

Laura said...

This is a great idea. Maybe I'll finally do it with my fourth child. I've seen it done with a 24m onesie, where the new baby is just drowning in it the first time and as the pictures progress the baby starts fitting into it better, but then you'd have to change the babies clothes for a photo shoot every month and I probably wouldn't go to the extra effort. Just setting the baby by a toy would be much more doable for me.

Koreena said...

In that 4 month picture she totally looks like Annalee to me!