Sunday, November 10, 2013

The little bunny runs around the tree

and into the hole!

Guess who learned to tie her shoe in less than 5 minutes?

It took her a few tries, mostly because I kept giving her instructions that were confusing and then I'd have to say, "Wait, forget that and do this instead."  When she got a little impatient with me I cried, "Sorry!  This is the first time I've ever taught someone how to tie their shoes!"

But she got it.  Then, she was so pleased with her new skilz that she grabbed everyone's shoes out of their totes by the door, lined them up, and untied them.  She waited for Daddy to come home so she could show him what she could do!

Later, when she was discouraged that her shoes were always coming untied, I showed her the double knot.

She told me that she is so excited that now when her friends at school ask for help tying their shoes, she can help them!

She has been making comments lately like, "Now that I'm 5 years old and I know how to tie my shoe, ______" and then she'll follow it with a persuasive argument for why she should be allowed to do something that she thinks "big kids" can do.

2 comments:

Koreena said...

Awesome! I haven't tried teaching Jossy yet.

Laura said...

Ha Ha, I love her persuasive logic.