Oops! I got so busy talking about the pictures of Vander I wanted to post that I forgot to share a few cute stories about him! Back in August Vander had his 30 month well-child checkup. (They do them in Idaho.) As we always do before an appointment, we played doctor at home so he would know what to expect. The kids have a doctor's kit that they play with a lot anyway, so when someone comes at him with a stethoscope he knows what's going on. The doctor was amazed. AMAZED! He looked in his mouth, listened to his chest, looked in his eyes and ears, and did all the things that doctors do. Vander sat patiently and let him do it all. The doctor kept saying, "I can't believe this! HOW old is he? I think this is a record!" When we told him our secret he said he wished all parents did that!Then later at the same meal my 2 year old said, "Thank you, Mommy," out of the blue, with no prompting from anyone else and no one else saying thank you first. My face lit up and I said, "You're welcome, Vander!" Then he screwed up his face in concentration and said, "You a big maker." I LOVE that compliment! It was all his own, not just a repetition of something he heard. He was trying to tell me what he thought of me making dinner! (I think Nathan needs to take lessons from his son!)
One day Vander and Bellana and I were on our way to Jimmy Johns sub shop for a promotion they were having. (Annalee was at school and Daddy was at work.) Vander kept up a constant stream of questions from the back about where we were going and what we were doing. I told him we were going to get sandwiches.
"What kind of sandwich?"
"ANY kind you want, Vander," I said, exasperated, sure that they would have something he would like.
"Ummmm....I want....ice cream sandwich!" he said, totally serious.
1 comment:
Cute! Love the ice cream sandwich. Totally healthy lunch, right? :)
Post a Comment