Pajamas! (Heh heh, big surprise.) I got a great deal on Annalee's and Vander's came out of the cousin hand-me-down box. Thanks, Sarah!
Christmas morning we got up early, opened stockings, and then drove to Rigby. The cousins had already opened stockings and were dying to go in the family room.
What a treasure trove awaited! Santa's gifts were placed carefully around the 9 ft tree, which looked awesome in the room with the 10 ft ceiling.
Annalee had asked Santa for "a doll that looks like me." Santa looked really hard. The best one he could find in his price range didn't have bangs or brown eyes, but I think it really looks like her, especially the cheeks and mouth. She was thrilled to find out that Santa had gotten her doll a nightdress to match the one she'd gotten the night before!
Santa wasn't sure what to bring Vander, but you can't go wrong with a rocket ship, right?
I'm pretty sure we didn't get anything for Bellana! But she got to wear the cutest Christmas jumper on the planet. (When we're done having kids I will cry because no one else will get to wear this jumper.) She also got some sweet gifts from Grandma and Papa, including a singing angel teddy bear.
Calvin got a whollotta books he'd been wanting, Paisley got a Tangled tower with action figures, and Ronald got a little slide. There are SO many pictures that I wasn't going to post many of Sarah's kids, but I just had to post this one of Ginny in the Santa outfit she asked for. No company makes Santa outfits for near-3-year-old girls, so I hear Mrs. Claus had to make it out of a Christmas dress. Ginny was in heaven.
The gift opening started off pretty organized
but soon became a free-for-all.
The present I was most proud of was a used shirt I got for Nathan. He has a long-sleeved shirt that he loves and many times he has asked me to get another. Since I'd gotten it at a thrift store I had no idea how to get another. But a long internet search and eBay later, I found one.
Big kid table!
That night we dressed up the kids for Christmas dinner. Sarah had suggested putting the girls in dark blue dresses, since Ginny and Paisley had them and she was about to pass one down to Annalee. I found one for Bellana at used baby clothing store.
The End!



1 comment:
I totally love that you guys do what you do and are who you are. You might understand that if you remember my history. It is so awesome that some trends can be broken and new, happy, healthy trends begun and continued. I am very proud of you.
Post a Comment