Sunday, March 27, 2016

Egg Time

We have tried different methods of dying eggs over the years and I think I've finally found my favorite. Rice! You get a small container (we're cheap--we used sandwich baggies) and put in some rice and some food coloring. Then you put in the egg and shake it all around. You get a pretty speckled egg that is almost dry when you take it out, so there is very little mess. Unless your toddler spills colored rice all over the floor. Now that I come to think of it, HOW did we get away with Bellana not spilling colored rice all over the floor?
Just lucky, I guess!

This year we participated in our neighborhood Egg Hunt for the last time, as the family who hosts it every year has sold their house and is moving to Wyoming.
First, the kids wait in wild anticipation for the dads to hide the eggs. Then, they line up.
Then they scatter! The big kids have to run to the back fence before they are allowed to pick up any eggs, leaving the little kids free to grab the easy ones.
 And not-so-easy ones!
 Vander quickly grabbed so many that he had to put some back. (You can only take home 20 per kid, which is how many you bring to the hunt.) Bellana was happy to find the cache.
 Mommy and baby kept each other warm. I love this polar bear hat!
The Easter Bunny comes to our house on Saturday so that we can focus on the real meaning of Easter on Sunday. We watched a movie about Christ on Sunday, which was about the extent of my energy.

No comments: