Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dear Disease Appropriation Committee,

I am writing in regard to your recent activities. When I received severe allergies on my vacation three weeks ago I was disappointed, but since I knew that you were only doing your jobs I did not complain. Last week when my allergies progressed to a sinus infection the word "unfair" came to mind, but these things happen. Then, two days ago my period showed up. While I understand that this is not strictly under your jurisdiction, I believe it should be taken into account when the Committee makes their decisions. That is why I was so shocked to wake up this morning with vomiting and . . . um . . . other issues that have plagued me all day.

I believe there must have been some mistake. In the first place, it is Father's Day, and sticking my husband with the care of a sick wife and a loud daughter is hardly a nice way to celebrate. In the second place, how am I supposed to get rid of my sinus infection if I can't keep down the antibiotics I was prescribed? A break in taking them can ruin the whole thing, bringing back the infection. Also, I don't mean to be petty, but dehydration is especially cumbersome during this time of the month.

I ask that your Committee review my file and take corrective action immediately.

Sincerely,

Sandi

2 comments:

Koreena said...

Aw man! That stinks! I'll sign a petition on your behalf for the committee if you need another signature. ;)

Hope you feel better soon!

Amber M said...

Ahh that's the pits. It's hard to take time off to get better when your a mother. I feel for ya. Hey we were at the old ward last week and guess who wasn't...you. I wish we could have seen ya!w