I got the novel The Unseen by T.L. Hines before Christmas (for free from my book review club) but then Christmas hit, and then vacations, and I never got around to writing my review of the book I'd read as fast as I could! (Serious page-turner.) So here is my review, and I'll be getting a new book soon!
Lucas is unseen. He hides behind walls or ceiling tiles and whiles away his days watching people in office buildings and public places. At night he sneaks out to raid the office fridge or work a few hours at a diner for some emergency money. The only thing missing in his life is the love and human connection he sees in the people he watches.
Lucas’ simple, nomadic life becomes terribly complicated when he runs into Donovan, another guy who lives the unseen, behind-the-walls life that he does. Donovan introduces him to the Creep Club, where Lucas starts to feel like he has found people who understand him. But then he finds out how creepy the Club really is. The Club members don’t watch people in public places, but in their homes. Disgusted, Lucas decides he wants no part of it, but he’s already in too deep. Before too long he is tangled in a web of secrets and espionage that he can’t escape.
When I first picked up this book I was worried that there might be some inappropriate scenes in the book (it is a book about people who watch people in their homes) but there was nothing like that. The characters are not peeping toms. Once that fear was relieved I was able to enjoy the book. In fact, I was quite caught-up in the suspense, and didn’t do much besides read for a few days until I finished it. The pace was fast, the plot-twists were many and surprising, and I was very glad that the author eventually explained why Lucas remembered growing up in an orphanage when there are no orphanages in the
Overall, I highly recommend this book, and look forward to reading other books by this author.
No comments:
Post a Comment