Isn't it pretty? Yes, the dishwasher sitting on my front porch is really making the season bright.
A dishwasher that works.
You may remember that a few months ago I took my old dishwasher apart piece by piece, meticulously cleaned it for hours, and then put it back together. It worked better for a little while, but then things went downhill again, and we knew it's time on earth was coming to an end. Around that same time my Grammy offered her portable dishwasher to us,
I started looking for a dishwasher in earnest, and finally narrowed it down to a Kenmore and a Whirlpool that were rated well in Consumer Reports. I was just about to buy the Kenmore when I realized (by reading dozens of reviews) that the dishwasher now cost around $200 more than what most people had paid for it. My only guess was that when the Consumer Report came out and rated it so well, the company jacked the price. Boo! I had to really wrestle with myself, since I can't stand to buy something when I feel I'm being cheated. But the facts remained that 1) it was a really good dishwasher, 2) it was still competitively priced with comparable dishwashers, and 3) we needed one now! I decided to get it, so I bought it through MyPoints (a site that gives me points for clicking through their site first--I can redeem points for gift cards) and also found a coupon code at www.retailmenot.com for $5 off a $50 purchase. (Too bad they didn't have something for $50 off a $500 purchase!) I had it shipped to the Sears store so we could pick it up and avoid the $65 shipping charge. Then my wonderful parents and their wonderful truck picked it up yesterday, and my wonderful Dad and wonderful brother started installing it!
So why does this make me feel like it's Christmas?
The night was full of surprises.
We witnessed a few miracles.
Miracle #1
Miracle #2
Now, my dishes can be clean, and we all know cleanliness is next to godliness, and Christmas is all about godliness, so Merry Christmas to me!
4 comments:
I bet it feels wonderful to have your very own, brand new dishwasher. Merry Christmas is right!
You are a nut! You nearly scared Dad to death! Happy new dishwasher!
Love ya Mom
Yay!
You crack me up!
A) I didn't even notice the dishwasher on the porch til you pointed it out. I thought this was going to be about an adventure in putting up Christmas lights.
B) Miracle #1 truly is a miracle!
Merry Christmas to you and your new dishwasher!!
Post a Comment