Friday, December 11, 2009

Wreckin' For a Cause

My laugh-a-day site is Cake Wrecks: When professional cakes go horribly, hilariously wrong. When I first found it I went back to the very first post and read every single gruesome, pathetic attempt at confection perfection. Sometimes I laugh right out loud on seeing the latest post, and I have to show everyone around me (although some may not be suitable for children). Here are some examples of just a few of my favorites.[shudder]You say you're 29? Liar, liar, dress on fiiii-er!

And here is what the bride ordered:and here is what the bride got:Really. This was a real wedding cake.

The site has quite a following (around 80,000 people). From now until Christmas, Cake Wrecks will be using their influence to donate $200 of their own money every day to a different charity, while asking their fans to each donate $1. Only one dollar a day for 14 days, and we get to be involved in something monumental. Today's charity is Charity: Water, an organization that drills wells for people with no access to clean water. If you've been looking for a way to give this season, consider being part of this important project. And who can't afford a dollar?

2 comments:

Tari said...

Ha ha, I love that site!!! Some unbelievable cakes on there!!

Jessica Haddox said...

You made me waste my entire day on that blog! Thanks! ;)