My mom was reading a book to my daughter, niece, and nephew the other day as I listened from the next room. It was a book she used to read to us when we were little, about a boy who must find homes for his 7 kittens. He sets out with his kittens in a wagon and finds homes for them, but usually in exchange for an even worse pets, like a lizard, a rooster, and a parrot. When he is down to one kitten he comes across two parents who don't know what to do. Their daughter is crying and crying because she wants a tiger like the one she saw at the circus. The boy solves the problem by giving them a striped kitten, which stops the girl's cries.
"Do you know what I would do if my child couldn't stop crying about that?"
"What?" asked my 5 year old nephew, in wonder.
"I would spank her little bottom, yes I would. I would spank her," said Grandma, in her sweet, sing-song story voice. Then she finished the story.
The funny thing is, I was thinking the same thing! My child would get something, but it wouldn't be a kitten! (Maybe time-out.)
2 comments:
Well the truth is the truth. By the way, I did not give Annalee that black eye in the picture!
Too funny!
Post a Comment