We started out at the doctor for her two year checkup. In the waiting room there is a separate play area with toys, and two kids were already in there with their parents. I told her she could go play, and I sat down to fill out some paperwork. I looked up a few seconds later to see her CARRYING an activity table (that was nearly as big as she was) out into the main room so she could play and be near me. I laughed and put the table back and then went into the toy room with her. She and another little girl were both interested in playing with one part of the activity table, so she made sure it was fair by saying "My turn, your turn, my turn" and keeping the other girl on track. It was so cute!
Then she wanted to help me fill out the paperwork, so she grabbed the pen and said "A" repeatedly. My Grammy has taught her to recognize A, B, C, D, M, O, and P and Grammy helps her write them. Her favorite, of course, is A for Annalee, so we wrote about 25 A's on the front of the clinic's paperwork.
When the nurse came in to our exam room Annalee was feeling kind of shy, so I said, "Say 'hi' to the nice lady," and she said, "Hi, nigh lady," which completely charmed the nurse. While we waited for the doctor we looked at the circus train mural on the wall and named the colors and the animals. When the doctor came in she was so cooperative, possibly because she is used to Daddy's spontaneous examinations whenever she has a fever.
She let him listen to her heart, look in her ears and eyes, and then when he picked up the tongue depressor she opened her mouth and said "ah" before he'd even asked! He was a little startled and pleased. I was fit to bust. I know it probably makes other people roll their eyes, but I can't help being so proud of how smart she is (unless it's when she's figuring out how to get into something I don't want her to get into, and then I'm not proud, but still impressed.) When the nurse came back in to give the shots Annalee wouldn't lay down; she wanted to see what the nurse was going to do. So she watched as the nurse put two shots in her thigh. She cried, too, of course, but she did so well.As we left the clinic we heard a loud engine sound and she started looking all around for the plane, which turned out to be the Life Flight helicopter from the hospital. She repeated "hewicopper" after me.
At home she played in the car for a good 30 minutes, pretending she was driving. Then she had me put the leash on Tavi (poor dog) and she lead (dragged) him around. While I was in the bathroom she found a tampon in it's crinkly plastic package and was sure it was a treat. She wanted me to open it and kept saying "wanna eat" while I laughed. Then she started copying my silly faces and we pulled faces for a few minutes. I really wish I hadn't been indisposed at the moment so I could have taken a picture! I guess I'll just have to use this funny face picture instead.
She got a pen and paper to play with, but decided that drawing on herself was more fun. She took off her shirt and drew long horizontal lines across her tummy until she looked like a bar code.
Then I put her in the bath and she lined up all her cups, just so.
I threw a toy for Tavi to chase and she wanted to do it too. Even though she couldn't throw it more than a foot or two she didn't give up trying. She made sure to count off "Mommy's turn, Annalee's turn" so that everything was fair.While I made dinner she got out a pot and a potato masher and made dinner in her little kitchen we got at D.I. (thanks, Sarah). Then she got bored with that and gave her giraffe a ride in the laundry basket.
Two years is such a fun, busy age. I didn't even write down half of what she did; it wears me out just writing about it!
4 comments:
what a fun entry to read-and what a smart adorable little character she is. Can't wait to meet her in person.
So fun! No wonder we get tired as moms, right?!
Just wait till she is 30!
I love this age when they can finally communicate. It makes life so much easier. Pray Clark gets there quicker with me! I am tired of the screaming and the tantrums!
Post a Comment