Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'm not a crook, I'm pregnant

That's what I told the checker who chased me nearly to the parking lot when I forgot to pay for my groceries. Mortified! At moments like this, I think at least I remembered my daughter.

3 comments:

Keri said...

Oh. my. gosh.!!! I can only imagine. Aren't you glad they stopped you, though? Either way, I guess it would be awkward to walk back into the store to go pay.

Koreena said...

Is it okay that this made me laugh? :) I know those moments. I completely forgot to pick Matty up at the bus stop one day and some other mom I didn't know had to walk him home. There I was in my pajamas feeling the affects of morning sickness when I opened the door to her unsmiling face. When I tried to thank her the next day, she was pretty brief with me. I hope the checker was more understanding for you!

The Peine Family said...

Ugh! How embarassing! Sounds like the time I found an item hidden under Conrad's carseat after I got out to the car--twice in one day at two separate stores! And I wasn't even pregnant. At least you have an excuse!