"Traviesa" basically means "trouble maker" in Spanish. Annalee certainly knows how to find trouble! But it's all so innocent, so UN-premeditated, that I have to be careful not to let her know how cute I find it.
Like today, when I came out to find her sitting on the couch, painting her nails with my red nail polish. She had actually managed to get most of it on the tips of her fingers. I freaked out a little (inside, on the outside I was all business) and carefully steered her into the kitchen for cleanup. That's when I discovered that her toes were painted too! I warned her not to move, and returned, with dread, to inspect the couch. Incredibly, unbelievably, I have yet to find one spot of red on couch, carpet or the blanket that she was sitting on. I kept looking and looking, then started roaming the house, thinking I just hadn't found the spot yet. But it does not exist. She actually got the polish ONLY on her hands and feet. I wish I had taken a picture, but I was too busy cleaning it up to think about that at the time. Believe me, it was messy but contained. As I finished the cleanup I was so pleased that she did such a good job putting it on, but of course I tried not to show it. "Next time you need to ask Mommy. You don't touch this without Mommy, okay?" but inside I was bursting with pride.
The other day my Mommy Radar went off: I realized the house was too quiet. I went to the living room, expecting her to be getting into something or at the very least making a mess, and I found this:

She had made herself a little bed out of couch cushions and blankets. I was so charmed!
Like today, when I came out to find her sitting on the couch, painting her nails with my red nail polish. She had actually managed to get most of it on the tips of her fingers. I freaked out a little (inside, on the outside I was all business) and carefully steered her into the kitchen for cleanup. That's when I discovered that her toes were painted too! I warned her not to move, and returned, with dread, to inspect the couch. Incredibly, unbelievably, I have yet to find one spot of red on couch, carpet or the blanket that she was sitting on. I kept looking and looking, then started roaming the house, thinking I just hadn't found the spot yet. But it does not exist. She actually got the polish ONLY on her hands and feet. I wish I had taken a picture, but I was too busy cleaning it up to think about that at the time. Believe me, it was messy but contained. As I finished the cleanup I was so pleased that she did such a good job putting it on, but of course I tried not to show it. "Next time you need to ask Mommy. You don't touch this without Mommy, okay?" but inside I was bursting with pride.
The other day my Mommy Radar went off: I realized the house was too quiet. I went to the living room, expecting her to be getting into something or at the very least making a mess, and I found this:
She had made herself a little bed out of couch cushions and blankets. I was so charmed!
Update 20 minutes after first posting this:
I heard a crash and walked in to hear her say, "Sorry!"
4 comments:
Such a cute trouble maker she is though!
good thing she's so cute, eh?
Like mommy like daughter! You can still be a cute trouble maker.
I'd say the good outweighs the bad.
Post a Comment