So, I'm a little slow at posting pictures. But since I'm still in the hazy days of new-motherhood where I count myself successful to keep my two children fed, that's okay.
Vander and Mommy came home from the hospital on Sunday, when Vander was 3 days old. I was actually very sad to leave! (Meals in bed that I didn't have to make or clean up, someone to take my baby so I could get a nap, what's not to love?) But I missed my family too, so it was good to be home.
Vander and Mommy came home from the hospital on Sunday, when Vander was 3 days old. I was actually very sad to leave! (Meals in bed that I didn't have to make or clean up, someone to take my baby so I could get a nap, what's not to love?) But I missed my family too, so it was good to be home.
Tavi and Haineko and Annalee were excited to see the little guy.
(You can see that we hadn't been home very long--we still had our hospital bands on.)
Annalee is so good with her brother. She has been having some new behavioral problems, like screaming at us and throwing tantrums, but I suppose that's to be expected. We're working hard to include her in everything and so far it has worked to ensure that her frustration is not aimed at her brother. She is a wonderful little helper, bringing me things when I can't get up and begging to feed her brother a bottle.
I feel bad that she has been spending a lot of solo time in front of the computer watching shows while I try to get the hang of things. I know that when I can cut down on her tv time her behavior will improve a lot.
It's so frustrating to be in pain and have my energy and abilities limited by this dumb surgery. I am looking forward to feeling better and getting outside in some warm weather, if only the weather would do its part.
Welcome home, little Vander-man!
4 comments:
Congrats on your beautiful baby. I am glad you are doing well. I wish you luck in the sleep deprevation period of parenting, but it will get better soon!
what adorable children-and you'll feel better before you know it!
Sorry your surgery recovery isn't as fast as you hope. And having your days be focused on just keeping them alive is just fine! Thanks for sharing all the cute pictures! I'm anxious to see how Jossy does as a big sister so I've been curious as to how Annalee was handling it.
Your tiny little guy is so sweet. You're a great mom, so aware of your family's needs and potential problems.
Post a Comment