Monday, August 15, 2011

Pioneer Day

Our stake celebrates Pioneer Day each year with a huge cook-out and a little parade for the Primary Children. This year they went all-out and got a pipes & drums unit to lead the parade. It was so, so cool!

The little kids followed on their bikes, scooters, and wagons. Annalee didn't have a pioneer dress, but she did have a Dorothy costume. I was so proud of her pedaling her bike and keeping up with the speed of the parade. (Pedaling is a newly acquired skill.)

Vander and I did have pioneer clothes because of the Porter Rockwell play, but I was too tired to wear it again so soon.

The food was great (and free) and the activities were fun. They had these stilts around for anyone to try

and the missionaries started up a game of soccer that ended up with about 40 kids against 4 missionaries.

Daddy and Annalee went for a ride in a horse-drawn wagon while Vander and I sat in the shade. I took a picture of the wagon but it didn't turn out. Vander was kept happy munching on hot dog buns.


1 comment:

Koreena said...

Sounds like a nice day. I love the idea of 4 missionaries against all those kids. :)