Last Thursday night at about 10:00 p.m. we got THE EMAIL. The one that said our year-long search had come to an end. Nathan had gotten a RN job. In Boise. Which, in case you didn't know, is just a little too long of a commute from Idaho Falls.
We're moving! (Yay!)
In less than a month! [crickets chirping]
Yes, that's right. In the middle of Christmas Craziness we are packing, painting, and prepping our house to get it listed for sale next weekend.
Last night we stayed up until 1:00 a.m. installing beautiful baseboard in the downstairs family room and hall. If the walls and floors had known what a 90 degree angle was, we would have been done a whole lot sooner. (Aggravation!!!!) If our home teacher, Br. Peterson, hadn't loaned us his spiffy nail gun . . . I would still be down there, I'm sure.
Tonight we stayed up past 1:00 a.m. cleaning out the garage. Did you know that it's winter? Yeah, I know, caught me by surprise too. As it turns out, working outside for four hours at night in December is not the best plan. At least, not if you want to have feeling in your legs. However, our efforts were not wasted, and now we have room in our garage to dejunk our house. If you need some random things, like an inflatable wading pool, over-toilet storage shelf, or flower pot, you may just want to drive by our house in the next week--I'm going to be giving away a ton of stuff (to the garbage men, if no one else will take it.) Speaking of our garbage men, I don't think they're going to like us after next Tuesday. Actually, that makes me pretty sad. I always try to be considerate of them.
After two nights of bending, lifting, squatting, and delegating to Nathan (hey, that's work too!) I am so sore and tired. I'm trying to thaw out with a cup of hot chocolate, but I still can't feel my thighs. I wish I couldn't feel my back (and several other muscle groups). So my big question is this:
Why do they call it moving if you can't move?
2 comments:
Your place is looking so great you won't want to leave!!!...... Doing great work! Hang in there gal!
I know I said it on Facebook but I'll say it again. Congratulations! It is so nice that the wait is over and you know what direction your future is going. I've heard good things about Boise! Good luck with packing and moving. I know it is so much work!
Post a Comment