Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Red-neck Building Blocks

 I tried to do this as an activity with Annalee (part of my "be a cool mom" initiative.)
 Unfortunately, she didn't have enough coordination to pinch the tabs I cut.  (It would probably work with a child slightly older.)  So I would stack them together and then she would play with them.
And Vander tried to eat them.

My favorite part was when Annalee and I were dueling with our Light Sabers and hers fell off, at the handle.  She stared at the one tube in her hand, dumbfounded, while I laughed hysterically.  She didn't see what was funny until I (purposely) did the same thing.  Then we picked up our swords (minus a tube) and fought again and again, until we were down to our last roll.  Very entertaining.

3 comments:

Just Mom said...

You never want to be down to your last roll....

Anonymous said...

I had always wondered what those were there for...but I was too afraid to ask.

Koreena said...

Fun idea!