Monday, December 12, 2011

Last of Fall

Where did all these leaves come from? Mostly from our neighbors's trees (thanks a lot) since we only have a small cherry in our front yard.

Right before Thanksgiving it was getting super-cold, but we still didn't have any snow.  I decided my luck was about to end, and I'd better get out there and rake the leaves before the snow turned them into lawn-killing muck.  So, while Vander slept in the car (he'd fallen asleep on our way home from somewhere) Annalee and I raked leaves and threw them at each other.  We didn't have gloves or winter coats.  It was dark.  It was really cold.  But she had an absolute blast!  I've been trying to be less of a ho-hum boring mom and do fun stuff instead (even if it makes more work for me).  Trying. Good memories, anyway! 


1 comment:

Keri said...

Good for you! I still have leaves that need to be raked. They are on a tree that never loses it's leaves until after it snows. I, too, should probably get outside & clean them up before it snows again.