As of today, we have owned our house in Idaho Falls for 5 years. As of Thursday, it will belong to someone else. We've had many wonderful memories in that house. Many of them happened in the living room, with the kitchen doorway as a backdrop. The ugly, paint-peeled kitchen doorway. Somehow, it managed to worm it's way into nearly every picture of Annalee, once she started crawling. I cringed every time I posted one of those pictures on this blog. So, just to prove it can look nice, here is a picture of it after my sister scraped all the paint off and I primed and repainted it. Wish I'd done that 5 years ago!
Another fix I'm rather proud of is the bathroom vanity. We removed the inset vanity with the ripply mirror and installed two white medicine cabinets. (We still didn't have two sinks, but with two mirrors we could pretend. Our next house WILL have dual sinks in the master bathroom. Oh, and it will have a master bathroom!) Unfortunately, they weren't quite tall enough to cover the hole that was left. I messed around with base board and a bunch of other solutions, then I found this mirror for $8 at Michaels. Love it!
And although I can't take credit for this next transformation, it needs to be recognized.
My mom turned my kitchen from this
to this.
How about, in our next house we make it look nice while we are living there.



5 comments:
Yes it would be nice to make changes while living in the place we make changes to. Sandi wants two sinks, I agree it would be nice change from two mirrors, 1 sink and my sink side being the toilet bowl.
Toilet bowl, bwahahaha!
It feels so good to make improvements, doesn't it? Bittersweet, though that you're leaving them! I like what you did.
I made the same determination after doing all of the repairs and fix ups to leave our house in Ammon. Very annoying how nice it looked now that I was leaving! So we have fixed, remodeled, repainted, changed and started over on this house many times in the last 22 years, and we still live here and enjoy it!
I remember leaving our apartment after 4 years and scrubbing that place so clean that I kept thinking "Man, why didn't I just clean it this much when I was here? It looks great now!" LOL I really, really love the kitchen redo. I've wanted an upgrade to our sink ever since we first saw this house as well as a million other fix-ups. Still hoping "someday" actually comes.
Post a Comment