It's tough to live so far from my parents, but we still had a family birthday party for Vander. My Aunt Michele and Uncle John live in Mountain Home. We are looking forward to seeing much more of them!
Even though it was Vander's party, they brought gifts for both Vander and Annalee, which was very sweet. They each got an electronic piano and the music makers were a big hit! They reminded me of the toy pianos Sarah and Steven and I got when we were kids. Sarah and I held onto ours through our teen years because it was so handy to have a piano to figure out notes on when we were writing songs. I think Sarah still has hers! Mine eventually broke.The great thing about this age is that kids are happy no matter what they get. So, a car seat from Mom and Dad? Way fun!
Of course, the REAL fun is the cake. This was a free cake I got from Walmart, I think. They will make a smash cake for free on your child's first birthday.
Who needs a bath? YOU need a bath!
Aunt Michele begged to be allowed to bathe Vander. I think she is missing her only grandchild, who lives in California. I was only too happy to oblige!
No comments:
Post a Comment