The other day I was walking past a neighbor's house and he was loading pieces of a swing set into his trunk. "Do you want a slide?" he asked. "Yyyyyyyes!" I drawled, my excitement building. I lugged it back home and tried to figure out what to do with it. It had no ladder. Nothing in my back yard was tall enough. My building skills are not great, so I knew that if I tried to make a ladder it would not be safe for Vander. So I finally washed it off and brought it inside.
Vander spent lots and lots of time sitting at the top and not going down.
Annalee showed him what it was for!
Eventually, I moved it to the back of the couch. It gives it a gentler slope so we don't have to have a cushon at the bottom. Vander can't quite climb over the back of the couch himself, so I help him. Sometimes we put it back on the stairs, one stair down from where it was in the picture, and then Vander can use it. We store it behind the pack 'n play in the living room when we're not using it. (The pack 'n play is for Vander's Time Out.)
A friend who came over and saw it set up said, "Oh my gosh! I think you just won the award for coolest mom ever!" Sorry, that award goes to my friend Neoma. Thanks for the idea!

5 comments:
That's a great idea! My kids would LOVE that. I'm all for indoor physical activities for during the winter. It'll be perfect for staving off cabin fever and getting the wiggles out.
Awesome! You may be one of the few moms in the world who actually encourage their kids to climb up the back of the couch. I wanna come live at your house!
This is the "kid couch", the one they are allowed to jump on, climb over, and throw the cushions off of. The lazy boy and overstuffed chair with ottoman are off limits!
that looks like great winter fun! I am always looking for indoor play things this time of year for little boys who just seems to have too much energy when they stay inside.
You are the coolest mom, Sandi. The slide in our house was actually my husband's brainchild, so I can't take credit for it. I was just cool enough to marry him ;). Have fun!
Post a Comment