Monday, November 5, 2012

Pumpkin Farm

We waited all of October for a nice Tuesday when we could go to the pumpkin farm.  (Tuesday is half off!)  Alas, the nice days were all on other days of the week, so when the end of the month was looming near we dug out our winter coats and went anyway.  It was super fun!

My friend Laura and her family came with us, which made it even better.  (The good-looking pictures were taken with her camera.)  They had so much to do there for the basic entrance price.  It didn't include the corn maze but we didn't want to take little ones in there anyway.  The kids got to do a little straw maze.  Annalee figured it out in no time.  They also had a slide made out of corrugated tubing.  It was a bit of a bumpy ride, I guess.  I bought some tokens and the kids went on a barrel train ride.  I love the kids' faces!
We also got to ride in a hay wagon that took us around to the different pumpkin patches.  The clouds were sure pretty that day.
The kids' favorite activity--hands down--was the corn box.  It was like being in a ball pit but much more fun.  We actually managed to get out of there without bringing any kernals home in pockets or diapers.

The activity that came in second was the rain gutter pumps.  Annalee really liked running an old-fashioned pump. 

While Daddy helped them play in the water I ordered our food.  It wasn't priced too badly--not as high as state fair food.  We had chicken nuggets and hamburgers and cinnamon-sugar mini donuts.  By that time it was pretty late so we decided not to pick out pumpkins yet.  Fun day!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Those places, we have one like that with all the same things by us, are the best for small kids. I think Miriam missed the corn box because we didn't go to that farm this year. I'm super impressed you didn't bring home any corn! Great pictures!

Laura said...

We put the corn that came home in the baby's diaper outside for the neighborhood squirrels. I actually wouldn't know who's camera took which pictures if I didn't know, ya know? You got some good ones too. Sorry again that I had to leave early. Sad I missed the mini donuts too.

Jennifer said...

This looks so fun!